EXTERNAL PEER REVIEW
INCREASING TRANSPARENCY & ACCOUNTABILITY
Peer review processes at provider organizations face numerous challenges in today’s fast-paced environment. Voluntary peer review committees can compromise timely completion and follow-up on identified physician performance issues. Conflicts-of-interest resulting from social and professional relationships among medical staff can result in bias and increased liability. Lack of available specialty expertise, particularly in smaller facilities with more limited staff, can negatively impact the quality of review determinations.
AllMed’s External Peer Reviews solve these problems and is a core component to increase the success of a hospital’s Quality and Risk Management program, helping facilities reduce their professional liability costs by:
- Eliminate conflicts of interest and sensitivities that are inherent in internal peer reviews
- Increase transparency & accountability, leading to improved physician performance
- Ensure timely evaluation of practitioners in an objective, education-oriented manner
- Build confidence and trust through fair hearing and litigation proceedings
Small hospitals, even those on a tight budget, benefit from AllMed’s external peer review services by:
- Removing the bias resulting from personal and professional relationships from the review process
- Catching physician performance issues early to improve patient safety and decrease liability
EXTERNAL PEER REVIEW SERVICES
AllMed Healthcare Management provides physician review solutions that help you evaluate, measure, and monitor your practitioner’s performance, which leads to higher quality of care, reduced risk, and lower claims costs.
SUPERIOR QUALITY THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
As a client-driven provider of technology-based medical review services, AllMed strives to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
All of our services are deployed through PeerPoint, AllMed’s advanced medical review portal, which embeds healthcare intelligence and automation tools that produce the highest quality reviews at industry-leading turnaround times and costs.
But what really makes us different is our people. Our commitment to consistently exceeding our clients’ expectations through everything we do, is why AllMed’s clients remain loyal partners, year-after year. This is because of the special care we take to recruit the highest quality talent as well as train, grow, and engage them in our Lean management system. As a values-based company that puts culture first, our employees care deeply about each member’s health and about delivering the highest quality care.